Windows Mobile command prompt
20 Oct 2014
A hidden command prompt ("Run" dialog) is available in the Microsoft Windows Mobile operating system for textually launching executables and loading drivers. This can be useful when shortcuts are missing from the Start menu, Programs list, and / or the Control Panel.
- Open a screen that has the virtual keyboard (Soft Input Panel) icon available at the bottom (such as Start > Settings).
- Tap on the icon to make the virtual keyboard appear (or switch to the virtual keyboard if currently set to another input method).
- Tap on the "Ctl" (Control) button on the soft keyboard (a physical "Ctrl" button such as on an Allegro will not work).
- Tap and hold on the Time in the top bar: You will see a pop-up menu: Run or Clock
- Tap on “Run”: A dialog will appear
At this point, you can type command (run) strings such as ”ctlpnl.exe cplmain,7” (without the quotes) to launch the Screen control panel applet and then tap “Done”. The Screen control panel should appear.
Just like the "Run" dialog in the full Windows operating system, recognized commands are limited. Other third-party DOS emulators and advanced command prompts may be available.