Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions
Gold Extended Field PC Warranty
Juniper Systems, Inc. (“Juniper”) warrants that the Field PC/Field PCs (“Field PC” is defined as a handheld computer comprised of the enclosure and all components housed by the enclosure with the exception of the removable battery and any removable media) shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship, under normal intended use, during the extended warranty period. The Field PC can be warranted for a period up to 5 years (including the standard warranty period). The extended warranty applies only to the Field PC, not accessory items such as: battery packs, media containing the Field PC programs, desktop PC programs, owner's manual, and/or any accessories. The Gold Extended Field PC Warranty allows for 3 day turnaround time.
This warranty shall not apply if: (i) the Field PC has been set up improperly or has been improperly installed or calibrated, (ii) the Field PC is operated in a manner that is not in accordance with the instruction manual(s) and/or user guide, (iii) the Field PC is used for a purpose other than for which it was designed, (iv) the Field PC has been used in environmental conditions outside of those specified for the Field PC, (v) the Field PC has been subject to any modification, alteration, or change by or on behalf of customer (except and unless modified, changed or altered by Juniper or under Juniper's direct supervision), (vi) the defect or malfunction results from misuse or accident, (vii) the serial number on the Field PC has been tampered with or removed, (viii) the Field PC has been opened or tampered with in any way, (ix) the Field PC has not been maintained adequately, (x) repair of the Field PC results from acts of God or nature, terrorism, explosion, flood, fire, war, or riot, and (xi) the repair only provides software or firmware updates or upgrades that can be performed by the user on-line.
This warranty is exclusive and Juniper will not assume and hereby expressly disclaims any further warranties, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or any warranties arising from the course of performance, dealing, or usage of trade. Juniper specifically makes no warranties as to the suitability of its Field PCs for any particular application. Juniper makes no warranties that its Field PCs will meet your requirements or will work in combination with any hardware or applications software products provided by third parties, that the operation of its Field PCs will be uninterrupted or error free, or that all defects in the Field PC will be corrected. Juniper shall not be responsible for software, firmware, information, or memory data contained in, stored on, or integrated with any Field PCs returned to Juniper for repair, whether under warranty or not.
The following parts are considered to be “wearable” and are excluded under the Gold Extended Field PC Warranty Agreement unless they are diagnosed as having a defect in material or workmanship. Wearable parts include: · Hand & Shoulder Straps · Keyboard Elastomer · Keyboard Switch Matrix · Touchscreen · Com Port Covers · Styli · Enclosures · Connector Modules
In the event a defect in materials or workmanship is discovered and reported to Juniper within the specified warranty period, Juniper will, at its option, repair the defect or replace the defective Field PC. Replacement Field PCs may be new or reconditioned. Juniper warrants any replaced or repaired Field PC for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of return shipment, or through the end of the original warranty period, whichever is longer.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent allowed by law, Juniper's obligation shall be limited to the repair or replacement of the Field PC. Juniper shall in no event be liable for incidental, or consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages of any kind, or for loss of revenue or profits, loss of business, loss of information or data, or other financial loss arising out of or in connection with the sale, installation, maintenance, use performance, failure, repair or interruption of any Field PC. Any responsibility and/or liability of Juniper shall, in connection with a warranted Field PC, be limited in maximum amount to the original purchase price.
To obtain repair or service on the Field PC, contact the Customer Service Department within the applicable warranty period to submit a return material authorization (RMA). Repairs returned without proper authorization may acquire an additional handling fee and/or delay in the repair. The customer is responsible to prepay all shipping costs when sending equipment to a repair center. Juniper will return the repaired equipment by the same method it was received with costs of shipping prepaid.
This warranty is governed by the laws of Utah, and excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. The courts of Utah shall have exclusive personal jurisdiction in case of any disputes arising out of or in connection with this warranty.
Platinum Extended Field PC Warranty
Except for the following additional coverage, the same terms and conditions apply with the Platinum Extended Field PC Warranty as with the Gold Extended Field PC Warranty.
Platinum Extended Field PC Warranty Additional Coverage:
1) Accident Coverage - A comprehensive service that covers the Field PC (excluding accessories) damaged through accidental breakage. As long as the damage was accidental, Juniper will, at its option, repair or replace the Field PC. Accident coverage is limited to one incident per year during the extended warranty period.
2) Expedite Service within 24 hours - Juniper guarantees that the handheld shall undergo a full functional evaluation by a certified technician within 24 hours of receipt on our dock. The handheld will be repaired and returned the same day it was received pending repair parts availability. Expedited Service within 24 hours shall be limited to no more than 3 units from the same customer during the same 24 hour period.
3) Service Loaner Option - In lieu of the 24-hour expedite service option, a loaner Field PC may be shipped for use while the damaged unit is repaired or replaced. The loaner Field PC is shipped without third party software applications. These programs must be installed by the customer. The loaner is subject to the Loaner Field PC terms stated below. The Service Loaner Option shall be limited to no more than 3 units from the same customer during the same 24 hour period.
4) Wearable Parts - The following wearable parts that fail due to normal wear and tear may be replaced up to one time per year during the extended warranty period: hand strap, shoulder strap, keyboard elastomer, keyboard switch matrix, touchscreen, com port covers, styli, enclosures, connector modules.
Loaner Field PC Terms
When a Field PC needs to be returned for repair and the customer needs a loaner unit, an immediate replacement loaner is shipped within 24 hours of the authorization for the repair return (if before 2:00 p.m. MST). It is the customer's responsibility to ship the Field PC needing repair to Juniper (with all costs of shipment prepaid) to be received within three business days of the time the loaner Field PC is received. Customers outside the U.S.A. are given three extra business days to get the equipment through Customs. There is a $25 charge for each business day past this deadline. After the customer receives their repaired or replaced Field PC, the loaner must be shipped back to Juniper Systems (with all costs of shipment prepaid) to be received within five business days. Customers outside the U.S.A. are given three extra business days to get the equipment through Customs. There is a $25 charge for each business day past this deadline. Upon return of the loaned Field PC, it is evaluated for damages due to improper installation and operation, uses other than those for which the hardware was designed, and evidence that the equipment was operated outside the Field PC's environmental specifications. Any said damages are the responsibility of the customer and the customer is invoiced accordingly. If the loaned equipment is not returned within sixty days of the time the repaired equipment was returned, Juniper reserves the right to invoice for both penalty charges and the retail value of the Field PC.
Obligations for Extended Warranty
1. Pay for the extended warranty coverage per Juniper's stated terms and conditions.
2. If the current warranty has expired on the Field PC, it must be sent to Juniper for evaluation before it is eligible for extended warranty coverage. Contact our Customer Service Department to obtain a return material authorization (RMA) and for instructions on how to package and ship the Field PC. There is a minimum one hour labor cost for this service. Follow steps 3-6 below.
3. When a repair is needed, contact our Customer Service Department to receive a return material authorization (RMA) and instructions on how to ship the Field PC.
4. Properly pack the Field PC (packaging equal to the original shipping carton).
5. Adequately insure the Field PC against loss and shipping damages.
6. Pay for shipping, handling, and insurance costs needed to return the Field PC.
7. Pay for any expediting fees outside our normal repair policy and extended warranty programs.
8. Assume full responsibility for returning the Field PC for repair prior to the warranty expiration date.
9. Assist, as needed, in tracking and/or settling shipping losses or damages.
10. If under Platinum coverage, adhere to the Loaner Field PC terms and conditions
1. Provide a return material authorization (RMA) and accept the Field PC for evaluation or repair.
2. If Platinum coverage, provide service loaner unit as needed.
3. Evaluate, repair, or replace the Field PC as needed.
4. Repair and return the Field PC within the specified turn-around time or notify the customer if there is a delay and explain the cause of the delay.
5. Return the Field PC via the same shipping method as received from the customer,using the proper shipping carton.
6. Adequately insure and pay for return shipping and handling costs to the customer.
7. Forewarn the customer of any non-warranty work to be completed (including associated shipping and handling costs).
8. Assist as needed in tracking and/or settling shipping losses/damages etc.